Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi me John, I'm new here

If you're new and want to say hello...
woodworkingmash

Hi me John, I'm new here

Postby woodworkingmash » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 am

Dont even know what to say apart from I'm struggling. I have bpd with depression and about 4 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Anyway.....for over a year now I've been reducing venlafaxine slowly to start on duloxetine. I was on the highest dose of 300 odd mg daily and managed to get down to just 150mg daily which I've been stuck on since the beginning of the year. I was seeing the nurse on a monthly basis but since covid I've just been forgotten about and left struggling on this low dose.

I've been getting worse for a while now with depression but also with the chronic emptiness I feel. Think I've been dissociating alot and it's like I'm not here. I seem to feel nothing joyful but this I'm used to now. Oh I dont even know how to write what I'm feeling but I've given up phoning the doctors because I get no help. Just want this sadness and emptiness to go away, I'm drowning help!

lol76

Re: Hi me John, I'm new here

Postby lol76 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:14 am

Hi John
I too suffer with depression and am currently on venlafaxine 375mg per day. Im quite scared if I ever need to change or come off them as Ive heard they can be hard to withdraw from. I think its shocking you have just been left but cant say it surprises me. There seems no valid reason to me why you cant be supported with your reduction over the phone. Surely, the sooner they get you off the tablets the sooner you can try Duloxetine. Please dont lose hope, the road to getting meds right isnt always quick or easy. I would ring up the doctor and request a telephone appt. You are just as valid as everybody else the doctors are speaking to.
Good luck...oh and welcome aboard!

ted

Re: Hi me John, I'm new here

Postby ted » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi John,Ive been on Venlafaxine,and Duloxetine,neither of which was effective,but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.I've had a similar experience to you re GPs,they can't do much,so are not interested and do nothing.Good luck to you anyway.

Return to “Newbies Room”