Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Desperate to smile??

If it makes you smile...
alexandermason

Desperate to smile??

Postby alexandermason » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to this but I need somewhere to turn. I was on fluoxetine for 3 years to treat my anxiety and depression and it worked wonders. Stupidly 2 months ago I just stopped taking it, and now my whole world has come crashing down. I have been back on the tablets for 10 days but they haven't worked so far. I'm so petrified they won't work again and I will have to live like this. Can someone reassure me?

rsxo

Re: Desperate to smile??

Postby rsxo » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Welcome!x

Coming off medication so suddenly can cause real problems because of withdrawal - that's why you have to reduce medication gradually. So you might be suffering withdrawal symptoms. Just as you may have increased medication gradually before, you'll have to do it again here. But also, remember that medication alone doesn't resolve this - combining it with therapy/counselling and behavioural changes is the best route. If you follow medication instructions in the right way, things can defo get better, but it's important not to panic, and to do things properly x
RSxo <3

prycejosh1987

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:33 pm

alexandermason wrote:Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to this but I need somewhere to turn. I was on fluoxetine for 3 years to treat my anxiety and depression and it worked wonders. Stupidly 2 months ago I just stopped taking it, and now my whole world has come crashing down. I have been back on the tablets for 10 days but they haven't worked so far. I'm so petrified they won't work again and I will have to live like this. Can someone reassure me?

I think your body might need to readjust to the tablets again. Give it a month and if problems persist then try a stronger medication and speak to your doctor about the best thing to do.

harbercandelario

Postby harbercandelario » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:48 am

I think your body might need to readjust to the tablets again. Give it a month and if problems persist then try a stronger medication and speak to your doctor about the best thing to do.

plum

Postby plum » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:30 pm

I hate my smile. My smile is autistic and hideous, like when I have a thought about something that obviously wont happen I get that unattractive autistic grin on my face.

beatricemom

Postby beatricemom » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am

plum wrote:I hate my smile. My smile is autistic and hideous, like when I have a thought about something that obviously wont happen I get that unattractive autistic grin on my face.

It seems to me that you exaggerate your shortcomings. An analogy can be drawn to how women find flaws in themselves that are invisible to others. Smile sincerely - it is always felt. When you tightly smile in the mirror or in the photo, it spoils the view. Chances are, your smile is completely different in everyday life.

Return to “Smiley Room”