Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Groomed

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
p0402

Groomed

Postby p0402 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:14 pm

As a 13 year old girl being told its your fault, "you got the wrong end of the stick" "you are lying" "shes just being dramatic" are one of the hardest things when youve had enough strength at any age to tell someone that something that shouldnt have happened has happened and it makes you doubt yourself being told time and time again that you are lying or must of misread the situation. At this time i was so bad in school. i was misbehaving all the time both at home and at school. i didnt have a great relationship with my parents either and he saw that, he knew. It was little things he said or did when we would go over to the house. He would hug me so tight and i couldnt move, he would stand in the corner of the kitchen drinking and he would pull me to stand with him the whole time. He would have his hand on my side and he would rub up and down it all the time and whisper to me that im his favourite or that he loves me. i was 11 when it was stuff like that and it happened everytime we would go round and visit. It was my mums step dad. She knew what he was like because he would send her inappropriate messages and she would just ignore him. she knew. I was 13 when his car broke so me him and my dad when in my dads car to pick him up another one. My "grandad" asked if i was going to go back home with him in his car and i said ok. i trusted him. i didnt know any better at 13 years old with a man who was supposed to be family. My dad didnt know anything as he would never go to my grandparents house with us as he was working. It was about an hour and a half away and he picked it up and i got in the passenger seat. We started driving and he put his hand on my thigh. He started rubbing up and down the inside of my thigh with his hand getting closer and closer everytime. i kept trying to move away. i had messaged my dad asking can we pull over i dont feel well, he said yes at the next services. all the while he was telling me how special i was how he would do anything to make me happy and that im his favourite, its me and him forever etc. he didnt think i would say anything to anyone as he knew i didnt have a great relationship with my parents. We pulled over and i got in my dads car and we went hime. a few days later when we told my grandma she called me a liar, said im just being dramtic and i always lie. she then continues to say its because hes greek hes just being friendly, i misread the situation, I WAS FLIRTING WITH HIM!!! that is what she said to her grandaughter then said how can he be a pedo hes 70?!?!? So there is an age limit? i dont think so. Of course he denyed it he said he tapped me on the leg then got his hand off. i remeber questioning myself so much after thinking what if it didnt happen even though i remebered everything so vividly and i knew it had happened, being called a liar so much made me question myself. i blamed myself for my grandparents being cut off but it wasnt my fault. i couldnt go to the polie though because my mum didnt want me to. i felt so lost and alone and although this happened 6 years ago and could have been alot worse i still think about it and still want to talk about it because i never really could speak about it.

jameslawrence96

Re: Groomed

Postby jameslawrence96 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:53 am

Never be ashamed of standing for the truth. Your pain is real and you should accept it in all its entirety. It's okay to cry and its perfectly okay to fill upset. I know what it's like, when I was attacked by are partner i wasn't believed for being a man. Sometimes people in power are quick to overlook things and perceive condescensions of their own then look in further and access the situation as it is and look for the real answers. People find it hard to accept a full truth but you have to prevail with it. Where people you trust maybe not be there other people will fill those boots. Always remember your own happiness is the most important thing to inner peace and always do what makes you happy even if others are against it, you will get the support you need from the right people if you need it.

p0402

Re: Groomed

Postby p0402 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Thankyou, I think I really needed to hear that. Don’t ever doubt yourself either or feel like because your a man it’s any different. And people who see that as any different are just wrong. No matter who you are it’s wrong and shouldn’t happen. And I am so sorry for you experience. I hope you are finding happiness and peace from those around you and within yourself too.

Return to “Safe Room”