Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Painkiller withdrawal

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
wheezy0409

Painkiller withdrawal

Postby wheezy0409 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:02 pm

I stopped taking my painkillers on the 7th Feb. I had been trialing all different types of painkillers for about a year. My doctors told me to stop taking them as none of them work and that due to the ones I was on to go down a pill a night as I might struggle to sleep otherwise. However, I did not get warned on the amount my body would fucking hate me. On the 11th I started to feel ill. I felt very dizzy and sick. I wasn’t even able to go to the bathroom on my own as I wasn’t stable enough to do it. So I went to bed thinking the next day I might feel better, I couldn’t have been more wrong if I tried. I woke up feeling very ill and feeling very physically sick. I had a nap and I felt a bit better afterwards and I got dressed. Not even half an hour after being dressed, I was throwing up to the point where it was just stomach acid. I then spent the rest of my day in bed with a sick bowl. I went to bed early and I woke up feeling a bit better the next day. Then I went to bed that night and woke up the next day feeling a lot better. I thought that that would be it. All of it done and over with, that my body had got it’s shit together and I’d be 100% the next day. I was so god damn wrong. I am feeling very ill and keep having to go back to the toilet every five god damn minutes (if you get what I mean). I am just so frustrated with all this bullshit. Not only am I having to deal with my every day bullshit but this on top as well. I am so done with being me it’s just fucking dumb.

square

Re: Painkiller withdrawal

Postby square » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm

That sounds awful. I hope you are feeling a bit better now? May I ask what pain killers you were taking?

wheezy0409

Re: Painkiller withdrawal

Postby wheezy0409 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:26 am

square wrote:That sounds awful. I hope you are feeling a bit better now? May I ask what pain killers you were taking?

I am take nortriptylne. I had to go back on the and come down really slowly

Return to “Safe Room”