Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

CBD Oil

Ask, explore, query, share
hashtagcba

CBD Oil

Postby hashtagcba » Tue May 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Has anyone used CBD oil and what effects , good or bad , did it have .I have bipolar , PTSD and GAD and have been using CBD oil for a little over 2 weeks.It seems to be having a benificial effect for me however I'm not sure if it is just another mood fluctuation, (for the better) or it is the CBD oil .I feel I could reduce some of the medications I am taking currently namely my Lamotrigine.I have arranged an appointment with my psychiatrist to discuss this with them and am not sure of the reaction I will receive when I do .looking on the web there does appear to be some early evidence that it may be benificial but there is yet to be larger studies with conclusive results and evidence associated with the effects of CBD oil for those with life time mental health diagnosis .
I carefully researched the types , strengths and suppliers of CBD oil to find the most reloiable and best produced products tho I have to say there are many sites that sell CBD oil not all sites and oils are equal and I reccommend thorough research before choosing which CBD oil and supplier .The ones produced in Europe using the C02 method seem to be the better choices based on the research I did .

ooby

Re: CBD Oil

Postby ooby » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 pm

More than 70 percent of people with bipolar disorder have reported trying cannabis, and around 30 percent use it regularly. However, such regular use is associated with earlier onset of bipolar disorder, poorer outcomes, and fluctuations in a person’s cycling patterns and severity of manic or hypomanic episodes (Bally et al., 2014).

https://psychcentral.com/blog/cbd-oil-f ... olar-more/

hashtagcba

Postby hashtagcba » Wed May 29, 2019 5:40 pm

ooby wrote:
More than 70 percent of people with bipolar disorder have reported trying cannabis, and around 30 percent use it regularly. However, such regular use is associated with earlier onset of bipolar disorder, poorer outcomes, and fluctuations in a person’s cycling patterns and severity of manic or hypomanic episodes (Bally et al., 2014).

https://psychcentral.com/blog/cbd-oil-f ... olar-more/

Whilst CBD is a component of the cannabis plants it is not a psychoactive element of the plant nor is it ingested in the same way as the 70% of casnnabis users you mention .Many medicines are synthesised from parts of plants as is the case with CBD oil.Therefore I do not see the relevance of your quote .

ooby

Postby ooby » Wed May 29, 2019 8:32 pm

The relevance is evident if you read the article properly.

hashtagcba

Postby hashtagcba » Wed May 29, 2019 11:50 pm

I have read the article in its entirety and the quote you have used simply describes the effects of cannabis taken in its complete form and not as the cannabis derivative CBD oil .The article clearly states this. However when it does refer to CBD oil it says …
“The depressive episode of bipolar disorder has already been covered in the depression section (above). What about CBD oil’s impact on bipolar disorder’s manic or hypomanic episodes?
Sadly, this has not yet been studied.”
Hence my request for “relevant information” about CBD oil .The article is one of many I had reviewed previous to me using CBD oil and posting .There is a clear differentiation between the use of cannabis and other synthesised chemicals, of which there are many, from the cannabis plant such as CBD oil.
Cannabis use is never good for those of us with mental health diagnosis but maybe isolated elements within the plant like CBD oil could have benefits for some conditions as the article you posted suggests
My post is for information from others that may have used CBD oil and not from “stone heads” wanting to get high from consuming cannabis in the form of “weed”, “skunk” “hash” etc. .Whilst the article you posted and many similar , seem to indicate that there may be therapeutic benefits for some mental health conditions , it is not the same as hearing from a person that has actually ingested CBD oil .If only I had access to those from the trials that had :(

philmy

Postby philmy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:49 am

I use CBD oil for the last five years, and as most probably you already understood, it has only good and beneficial effects. At least from my experience, it is a wonderful product, but I wouldn't recommend taking it without consulting a doctor. When I was recommended to try CBD oil as a muscle recovering product, I was afraid to take it, and only after talking with my doctor, I started taking CBD oil. My doctor said this is an awesome product and even recommended to me, this site [URL to sales site removed by moderatosrs] where I could buy high-quality CBD oil.

Return to “Information Exchange”