Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Coming off Quetiapine 25mg

Ask, explore, query, share
quetiapineman

Coming off Quetiapine 25mg

Postby quetiapineman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 am

Initially prescribed Quetiapine about 4 years ago due to some outbursts I was having (told it was Cyclathymia, a low level bipolar, also diagnosed with BPD) previous history of depression and anxiety. Initially at 50mg, reduced right down to 25mg. I'm about as stable as I can be, sometimes struggle, but doing well holding down job, relationships, nothing too far from the spectrum of normal (for me I guess). Due to being on such a low dose, is there any point in me continuing to take this? Does 25mg have any effect bearing in mind I've been taking this about 4 years and on 25mg for about 2 years? Considering coming off it but worried there will be withdrawals/side effects, especially where my sleep is concerned as it's done wonders for that

eriswebmir

Re: Coming off Quetiapine 25mg

Postby eriswebmir » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Thats always the 'what if' question I have about coming off quitiapine. [I have traits of borderline but not full diagnosis. They also thought it might be bipolar.] At times I think the only good it is doing me is as a sedative - having 11-12 hours sleep a night means I dont sit up at night running through how awful I'm feeling. Plus booze really knocks me out so I stay away from that also, another plus. It took me such a long time to get over the side effects and stick with it, I dont want to start from scratch on another med, or go through withdrawal and risk messing something up at work, or in my marriage. But then I think that I still have mood swings, extreme lows and suicidal ideation at times, so is it really worth it?

Return to “Information Exchange”