Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I’m so lost with my husband

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
kjsw

I’m so lost with my husband

Postby kjsw » Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 am

Hi, I’m new to this but would appreciate all the help I can get. I am so lost now as my husband has anxiety and panic disorder, he is also depressed. A year ago he went to stay his sister to get some space and we didn’t give up on us. We have been up and down but the last few months since last sep we have been great, then Xmas hit my husband hasn’t been the same since. He has been down so badly and is up and down with his meds and this week he said he thinks it’s time we separate. I don’t agree and am trying everything to keep it going. He came over yesterday like he does every Saturday which surprised me coz I didn’t think he would. We have a son together and we all had a laugh and I tried to talk to him but he shuts down and I can see how much he’s suffering!
I want him back to being himself and don’t know what to do!

Anyone advice???!!!

aloneinthis

Re: I’m so lost with my husband

Postby aloneinthis » Mon May 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Maybe you should express your worries to his sister and then focus on yourself. Be too busy next weekend so you won't see each other. If you feel like you need to at the end of the weekend call him but have a break. It's not a brak if you see each other every weekend. Don't be scared. I think it's time for you to accept the idea of separation. If you love him respect his wishes. Try everything to live not " to keep it going "

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”