Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Shut out of new relationship

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
mimosas

Re: Shut out of new relationship

Postby mimosas » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Well I finally have an answer but he didn't have the balls to tell me, or even to tell the truth.

I sent a group message to his friend, his son and daughter in law saying i was here and somebody, preferably him, should tell me what was going on.

I got a reply saying he had made his mind up now, and i should leave it. I replied that he should tell me himself.

My friend then messaged him saying he should tell me its over .... and he replied with a whole different version of events, that he had told me ages ago it wouldn't work and i should stop messaging people or he would report me to police for harassment! He then said he had moved on and was in a relationship ! He said tell her to back off and he was surprised I hadn't got the message yet.

What a complete fabrication of the story! He told me he was coming back to talk things through. I'm gobsmacked he could twist things like he has.

I'm not convinced now he is ill at all, he's just an arsehole. Sorry for the language thats how I feel. You don't end a relationship where you have said you love the person by just blocking and ignoring them. I'm sure this " new relationship" must be the woman he went to the gig with. He could have just told me 2 months ago it was over.

Sorry for the rant I am so angry. I feel totally humiliated.

lilliep

Re: Shut out of new relationship

Postby lilliep » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Mimosas don’t feel sorry for ranting. He could have made it quite clear to you what was going on and he didn’t. I’m so so sorry you had to find out this way. I hope you can now feel a little relief that you have closure but I know it won’t be easy to forget and move on.

Lillie xx

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”