Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I got jealous today..

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
jessiss

I got jealous today..

Postby jessiss » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:28 pm

..when I saw a couple holding hands. I seriously almost started to cry
My boyfriend of 10 years was diagnosed with depression last year, he says he’s sure he’s had it longer though. He’s went into a clinic, got on meds, got a good neurologist and a good therapist. I miss being in a relationship though. I miss someone holding my hand. I miss being kissed. I miss being looked at. I‘m trying to support him the best I can, trying not to be pushy or talking too much and understanding. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t talk at all. We just kind of exist together. Like now, we are on vacation together and no one is talking. We are literally in the hotel room in silence. I’m sorry this turned into a rant, but I really have no one else to turn to.

chebol

Re: I got jealous today..

Postby chebol » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 am

I am so sorry. Many times we think about how difficult it is for those people who forget that they are going through or how difficult it can be for the rest of their environment. It is good to seek help. But maybe I can talk to your partner a bit and tell him how you feel.

ashmi

Re: I got jealous today..

Postby ashmi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:58 am

It's complicated friend, but I recommend that you talk about it with the person you love the most, maybe it can help you more than you think

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”