Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby judithj » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:33 pm

you don't need to write much - my diary usually has a list of things i want to achieve - e.g get up, wash and dress by 7.30, eat breakfast, put away washing. i try to build in some exercise even if it's just walking to the shops and back. i can tick them off, then, on the other page, i can write things like unexpected happenings e.g bus being late and how i dealt with it - practise deep breathing, use lavender oil to relax.
you don't have to wear a mask. i don't mean that you should necessarily tell everyone exactly how you feel, but you don't have to keep smiling, if someone asks how you are, try saying, "i'm not feeling great today" or "not too bad at the moment" - be honest. if the real you isn't happy, why pretend?
hugs, Judith xxx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm

been meaning to get a new diary but keep forgetting. i've been asleep too - didn't sleep well last night. was going to go to belly-dancing tonight but can't get a lift, so will watch tv and drink champagne to celebrate my divorce. hugs, Judith xxx

caz

Postby caz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 am

going out this morning to do shopping with my cousin and her friend, dont know where we are going yet but I think it will probably be warrington town centre
I am dreading going but I have to get out of the flat for a bit
I will just have to make sure I dont make eye contact with anyone just in case

Hope to have nice lunch and maybe a choccy cake for afters depending on where we go

Hope everyone has an alright day today

take care everyone and have a happy day
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

judithj

Postby judithj » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 am

well done for getting out - enjoy your choccy cake. you deserve it. by the way would sunglasses help you - i find they give me a sort of protective screen and people can't see your eyes so they don't know if you do look at them. just a thought, hugs Judith xxx

feelingBETTERkim

Postby feelingBETTERkim » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 pm

oh sweetie you may have lost your "real" friends but you have us and we will never turn our back of you no matter what so dont feel alone theres always someone hear (usually me). sorry i cant be of any support today but im thinking of you

love kim
xoxoxoxo

rokridge

Postby rokridge » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 am

Yes lets not go through it alone, I'm OK for now but I have learnt to accept that more dark days are always just around the corner!
(1) Avoid the delusion.
(2) Dont believe the delusion.
(3) Dont care about the delusion.

rokridge

Postby rokridge » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi Tereza, youre up for a bit and then youre back down. Its a sunny side up state of mind you need to get through an illness and so that is what you must maintain. I dont know your boyfriend to know what to tell him but you might find he's very sympathetic!
(1) Avoid the delusion.
(2) Dont believe the delusion.
(3) Dont care about the delusion.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”