Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby judithj » Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 am

hi Suzy. glad your gp is so understanding. is there any way you can muffle the sound of the light switch - music, tv or even put up a picture against the wall which could stop the sound carrying. a tapestry-type picture backed with felt might help. just a thought. hugs, Judith xxx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sat May 10, 2008 1:34 pm

:)

judithj

Postby judithj » Sat May 10, 2008 5:46 pm

:D

hereiam

Postby hereiam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Hello, everyone.
Ive been reading the posts on this site for a while but just couldnt write anything myself.
But today I have a really bad day.
Ive just read sth about someone loving someone else and it just made me cry. Cannot stop. I am not alone. I live with a very good person whom I never loved - though Im not sure I can as I dont recall I ever loved anyone before either..
My life has no meaning, no purpose, no tomorrow. I wake up every day thinking I really rather not. I feel sleepy and tired much of the time and have felt like that for as long as I can remember. I know I have been diagnosed with Dysthymia though noone really treated it as seriously as I feel it is . My life has been a pain or at least a struggle most of the time I remember. I have never been happy. It's hard for me to hear of people's happiness. I guess that makes me a bit of a nasty person so in the end Im not loved by mnay. Apasrt from the fact that Im rather strange. I so desperately want someone to help me but I just dont know what to do.. It feels like the only way out of it is suicide but I even think there is going to be misery afterwards too! Sorry about this but I feel really bad and sometimes just cannot even imagine ther might be any hope left..

judithj

Postby judithj » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

there's always hope love, but sometimes it's hard to see, hugs Judith xxx

hereiam

Postby hereiam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 pm

Dear Judith,
Thank you for the response. You are so incredible and clever. Im not. I dont seem to be able to do anything at all. I question the purpose of almost everything I think or do.
I feel like Im gonna spend the rest of my life pretending to be ok and just hoping a miracle will somehow materialise itself.
I am now in Amsterdam in Holland where Iv bee withmy partner for over 5 years now. We are here coz of sth that happened to me. We both still have not managed to learn the language. He hates the job and the colleagues he has and we both hate the 'culture' - rudenes of the people here and their so called honest (rude) approach. Things are getting worse for each and both of us every day. We dont seem to be able to get any help. I have tried to find a good therapist through friends or internet but without success. I always try to stay positive but recently I just can't keep it up any more.

judithj

Postby judithj » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm

it must be very difficult living in a different country even when you're feeling ok. i hope you can find a counsellor as i think it would benefit you to talk about your feelings. having depression is like being on a rollercoaster ride with ups and downs. i've found it helpful to keep an achievement diary where i can write down the things i've done, any problems i've had and how i dealt with them. that way i can learn to recognize the good things which depression often hides. just remember, some mornings getting up is an achievement worth celebrating - so recognize these great things you're doing and celebrate them

hereiam

Postby hereiam » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm

I dont know but my depression does not seem to have many ups.. :cry: Pretending all the time when Im out is also so exhausting it just puts me off living the house. Im so tired of it. :(

My therapist before told me about the diary. Now that I hear of it again from you and at this c56p moment, I think maybe it is one of those small things I should just put my efforts to.. The trouble is I really dont quite seem to >deal< with things.. They normally just come and then, sooner or later go.. Only sometimes they happen to accumulate and instead of a 'regular' 'depressive' depression I get this devastating feeling..
Will try to make the diary happen though. At least something towards the feeling of hope or feeling better..
I feel less lonely now, still useless idiot, but with not so much pain inside. thank you

Return to “Mutual Support Group”