Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How to be confident?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jimcarter

How to be confident?

Postby jimcarter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:56 am

Hi. I’m 22 years old. And I have never felt confident my whole life. How can I gain confidence when I have nothing at all? I meant everything about me is just normal, y’know, my appearance, my family background, my life experience, etc. I tried to stand in front of the mirror and say out loud 3 or 4 good things I have but seriously, these things cannot encourage me a bit.

kennethburson

Re: How to be confident?

Postby kennethburson » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:00 pm

What are you good at? For example you may concentrate on exceeding in things you like and get confidence from there. Perhaps, you need more support like someone encouraging and admiring you. Try to remember of the moments you feel confidence and define what was happening then.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:01 pm

It's important to appreciate who you are and what you've achieved. Being able to celebrate those small victories and recognise even small milestones helps you to feel more confident about your ability. If you can do something smaller, you can try taking on something more challenging, and push yourself to grow that way :)
RSxo <3

plum

Postby plum » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:24 pm

jimcarter wrote:Hi. I’m 22 years old. And I have never felt confident my whole life. How can I gain confidence when I have nothing at all? I meant everything about me is just normal, y’know, my appearance, my family background, my life experience, etc. I tried to stand in front of the mirror and say out loud 3 or 4 good things I have but seriously, these things cannot encourage me a bit.

Try being confident with a crappy disability. If I was you I'd be out having a few drinks chatting up some females enjoying myself :D

Think of it as an unsinkable ship like Titanic and abandon that unsinkable ship with your woman before it sinks. I think that statement has lots of sense as in confidence.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”