Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

End of lockdown

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
lol76

End of lockdown

Postby lol76 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Is anybody else feeling anxious now that the pathway for leaving lockdown has been announced? Im confused because in the beginning being locked in was my worst nightmare and I had some awful dips. But now its coming to an end I feel really anxious. Ive kinda got comfy in a safe bubble and know where I am every day. Im scared of the world opening up and having to rejoin it all. Is it normal to feel like this?

heretochat

Re: End of lockdown

Postby heretochat » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:57 pm

Totally normal to feel like this. I feel exactly the same and am actually dreading the thought of lockdown ending

lol76

Postby lol76 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:25 am

Thanks for your reply, its been a bumpy ride hasnt it? Nice to know Im not alone in how I feel x

braveheart

Postby braveheart » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:27 am

I have mixed feelings about lockdown, very mixed, very, very mixed, idk if i can list the pros and cons of every single things but there is good and bad on both sides and i am not sure what is worse,

The rest has been very good for me but idk if that is a pro or a con bc i like to be active, its very strange not having my usual routine this last year, i was lucky i managed to get a couple of months at my clubhouse here and there which was between Sept-Dec and i was able to volunteer at a cafe, I got overwhelmed and ended in hospital for 10 days (i think) :(

anyways its very complicated and i cant begin to fathom it, maybe i should write down on a pievce of paper my pros and cons of Lockdown and not lockdown, it would be very interesting to see the comparisons.

lobster

Postby lobster » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:53 pm

I don’t want lockdown to end. It has made life less challenging. I need peace and quiet or I get Ill.
I am used to things as they are now and much prefer it. I am not designed for the modern world.
Does anyone else feel the same?

lol76

Postby lol76 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:40 pm

I can relate lobster. I often say to my counsellor Im just not cut out for this moderm life so you are not alone in feeling that way. I can find life very overwhelming and highly pressured and been out of work for 3 years because of bad anxiety/depression. Im really trying to work on accepting myself for who I am but it is hard.

lobster

Postby lobster » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Hello lol76 yes you are like me.
I also find life overwhelming and cannot cope with much. It’s who I am. It can get tricky if I compare myself with others so I work on doing something positive every day or I will get ill. I am just different.

I have to watch my thoughts and be vigilant.

Today I have done a zoom Pilates class and feel so much better for it.
I hope you treat yourself to something small but nice today.

I don’t want lockdown to lift. I can do classes at home on zoom and I am not looking forward to having to leave the house and go to a physical class and be with people.

I am not anti social, I just prefer a life with limited social contact. :D :shock:

plum

Postby plum » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:11 pm

I think lockdown should not end and be extended for the next two decades. Its better for the environment.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”