Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxious

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
sukhdipchhokr

Anxious

Postby sukhdipchhokr » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi since the lockdown has been lifted and some city's go back to Tier 3, i am thinking of going out and exploring the city, however i am feeling anxious about going back out again. For some reason it seems like a very daunting task to do this. i also seem to keep getting anxious about the most miniscule of things. Is anybody else feeling the same as me?

Kind Regards

Sukhdip

c.j.

Re: Anxious

Postby c.j. » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:21 pm

You wouldn't think there'd been a lockdown in my household!

emloja

Postby emloja » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:07 pm

I’m just so relived every time that they bring in new rules. I love the rules as they make me feel safe and I don’t have to justify to anyone why I don’t want to see them or let them see or hold my baby. I do worry about experiencing new anxieties once things are a bit more normal and I am supposed to be out there. I had experienced a small decline in certain anxieties but then realised this is because I am not having to go out and be around people etc etc. Part of me keeps worrying that I should be making myself do more but then I remember that there is still a virus out there and the rules are there for a reason.
I do find myself getting really annoyed with people breaking the rules. It doesn’t seem that many people are following them properly. I did worry about another wave and the safety of the vaccine.

I however think it is positive that you want to go out and explore. If this is the case, then perhaps set yourself some small goals and just make sure you are safe. I have no inclination to explore or be in any Indoor poublic space with others. I have to go to appointments for the baby and these are bad enough for me. Recently seemed to experience sensory overload at a junction when walking on a busy road as I hadn’t been out. I don’t want this to become an issue. I do make sure I walk though. I have met fiends outside for a walk. Walking keeps me sane.

janus

Postby janus » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:40 pm

I think the fact that "you want to go exploring" is excellent. Like emloja I have enjoyed the - not having to explain - why i am not leaving the house much. However at some point life will return to normal and I will have to deal with it.

You wanting to go out exploring will definitely help overcome the anxiety that is holding you back. I agree that you should just have small goals to start with.
My Depressing Depression Blog :roll:

www.MADD365.com

vates

Postby vates » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Definitely agree on setting yourself small targets that you feel comfortable with. Sometimes I make myself walk just the length of the road I live on to get some fresh air or at least put clothes on and take the rubbish down.

If you set yourself small goals and do them then that will hopefully build yourself more confidence.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:39 pm

After being at home for so long, you're not the only one who feels this way. I think it might be an issue of taking that first step - once you're outside and on your way, I think it'll feel much better. It's the thought of it that can put us off, but we are trying to go back to normal, after all! Go for it, take precautious, and enjoy yourself :)
RSxo <3

Return to “Mutual Support Group”