Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hypnosis

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
janus

Hypnosis

Postby janus » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Hiya

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to help with their depression or anxiety?
My Depressing Depression Blog :roll:

www.MADD365.com

janus

Re: Hypnosis

Postby janus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:02 pm

No-one?

www.MADD365.com

padmabell

Postby padmabell » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Not me.
Are you considering it?

janus

Postby janus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi

Yea, I'm doing some that I found online for anxiety (YouTube stuff). Just wondering if anyone has been to a professional and what their experience was.

www.MADD365.com

padmabell

Postby padmabell » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:39 am

Hi
I'd be interested to know that too. How are you find the Youtube stuff?

janus

Postby janus » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi Ya

The youtube stuff seems ok, but it feels more like mediation than hypnosis (perhaps that is what hypnosis feels like). However i'd really love to see a professional to see what's that like, hence my original question. I'm also interested in acupuncture as well.

I am willing to try anything (within reason) to combat this horrible illness.

www.MADD365.com

so sad

Postby so sad » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi
I've just started RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) and its based on hypnosis.

Like you, I'm desperate to find something that works. I researched it a lot. There is a lot of info on the net, it was created by Marisa Peer. She has a lot stuff on youtube.

I had my 1st hypnosis session last week. I didn't feel out of control or that I was particularly deeply under, but I was relaxed and was able to follow her instructions. I've now got a personalised recording that I have to listen to for 21 days. I also get 3 coaching sessions which I start on Saturday.

It all seems based on positive affirmations at the moment. I would never have thought that would be enough but maybe it can be? Its all about seeing that 'I am enough'. Something that I don't believe at the moment but who knows, with this, I just might.

Mx

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:38 pm

I've tried it for anger management and losing weight, never really worked for me, although only tried a few times so maybe not tried enough times.

emloja

Postby emloja » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:55 pm

I tried hypnosis for anxiety and depression and it helped a bit. I would find it really relaxed me after a few sessions (once I stopped worrying that I wasn’t doing it correct!). It helped that I was able to take a recording and so I still listen to them now. If however I was experiencing a really high level of anxiety then I did find it hard to focus and the session was a wipe out. For me the trance state was just a really deep relaxation. Certain things worked well, for example, visually having a favourite place to go to and colour- I am quite a visual person. Some techniques didn’t work at all. I also did hypnosis by a different person via Skype to help with my anxiety when trying to conceive and this was really good with some similar techniques but also some really different ones. Not sure if that has helped at all. For me it was a pleasant and helpful experience.

janus

Postby janus » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi Everyone

Very helpful posts - thanks everyone.

I've just started RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) and its based on hypnosis.

I have seen the RTT infomercial it appears quite expensive compared to "conventional hypnosis"? - I would really like to get an update when you have finished your sessions

www.MADD365.com

Return to “Mutual Support Group”