Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Don’t know what to do

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
lewisa

Don’t know what to do

Postby lewisa » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi I’m new to this.
Been having a really tough time lately trying to keep on top of my mental health.

I’ve been in an on and off toxic relationship for years, he’s unkind to me, uses me, and really I think he’s emotionally abusive to me, but for some reason, although I know he’s horrid, I can’t gather the strength to tell him to do one.

I Don’t know what to do

rsxo

Re: Don’t know what to do

Postby rsxo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Welcome!x

What I would say is, the longer you go on like this, the harder it is to get out. It's a big step to do for sure, but every day you stay like this, you're sacrificing your happiness for a guy who simply doesn't care about you x
RSxo <3

battle-angel

Postby battle-angel » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:16 pm

lewisa wrote:Hi I’m new to this.
Been having a really tough time lately trying to keep on top of my mental health.

I’ve been in an on and off toxic relationship for years, he’s unkind to me, uses me, and really I think he’s emotionally abusive to me, but for some reason, although I know he’s horrid, I can’t gather the strength to tell him to do one.

I Don’t know what to do

Hi Lewisa, this is very brave of you to open up and share your challenges with all of us. I hope you have been feeling better. It is not uncommon for us to remain in abusive relationships due to our desire to change people to be different/better instead of just dropping such a relationship. Is this something you feel? we hope to hear more about your story to which we all hope sharing your experiences help you move forward

b. angel

prycejosh1987

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:09 pm

lewisa wrote:Hi I’m new to this.

I Don’t know what to do

You dont have to tell him to do one, but confront him in a constructive and honest way. You dont have to shout or punch and kick to make your point. You can make a point being calm and relaxed too. It depends on what kind of person he is. Good luck.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”