Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
littleem

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby littleem » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:32 am

So pleased to hear the fear is reducing. Shows how your hard work has really paid off. Well done you! Calls for an opportunity to treat yourself and practice some self-care, I reckon!

I had some good advice recently to allow myself to feel anxiety before a situation and stress after a situation but to LIMIT the time that I feel these emotions and once they're expressed to then do something I enjoy as a distraction. But you already seem to be mastering this, my friend. Well done for being in touch with your coping mechanisms. Great to hear that social situations are becoming more manageable for you. Keep pushing yourself because you're making a lot of other people very happy by blessing them with your company, friendship, conversation and evident humour! I hope you're starting to enjoy these social situations yourself, too!

Great to hear you externalised anger and are allowing yourself to feel. I can teach you some kitchen profanities from my wild cheffing days to help with that.... Think of a tiny, little Gordon Ramsay! Hehehe. So impressed at your commitment to explore this next emotion. Go you!

Focus on the positives with work. You're doing remarkably well to be functioning so well in a good, full time job. Again, go you! Glad to hear things are improving. Proud of you!

That's great that you're finally sleeping better. I'm pleased mindfulness helps you, too.

Yes! You most certainly ARE intelligent, strong, determined, caring, good company and brave (whether it's sometimes or often, you're still brave!) amongst many other wonderful things!

All the best for the rest of your week. Super to read this post. The weekend is with us soon so be sure to reward yourself with something you enjoy and some good ol' self-care.

Onwards and upwards. Rooting for you!

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 am

I couldn't access this site at all for a few days. Very frustrating. At the moment Im using my phone and so struggling to read but will try the bigger I pad later. Just wanted to say thanks for your post andthistoo. Yes you and isap have some similar techniques and isap encourages me a lot as are you.

Just hoping i can get in again as the site is important for me.

Deb x

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Debs, ATTMP

As you probably guessed they were offline a few days to update their website, can't see any difference to the forum though.

Thanks for your nice comments, I'll answer your question on the other thread when I feel up to it.

Isap x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi Isap. Not sure that they were updating their website, seemed more like a problem. The domain name is still showing as suspended on a WHOIS lookup.

Today's diary

Still stunningly lacking in motivation, still a large amount of self sabotage going on, after all the future is a scary place but there are some positives. When my inner voice pops up and has a go because I have done nothing, I am pointing out to myself that I've managed a few things and I'm taking pride in them. When I tell myself that everything is bleak, empty and pointless, I remind myself of a recent time I had fun. I also found the motivation to put in 5 hours of work today which I should have done during the week but I was self sabotaging. The motivation is coming from my gradually increasing self esteem and the firming up of my sense of self. I am starting to want to do stuff for me, weird! ;)

littleem

Postby littleem » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm

Great post. You're doing so well. I'm really very proud of you!

Keep on challenging those negative thoughts and claim all the little victories (and the big ones!) as your own. Keep being positive and reminding yourself of better times when things feel bleak.

Great to hear you got so much work done! Well done, five hours! Try not to be too hard on yourself for days when motivation feels a little trickier. It's okay to feel less motivated, sometimes. Go easy on yourself. You're doing great.

WOW! So pleased to hear you want to do things for you! You deserve it! Do let me know what weird and wonderful things you therefore get up to in these coming days and weeks ahead! Really chuffed your sense of self and self-esteem are improving. Great news.

Onwards and upwards! Have yourself a great week!

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks Em!

Feeling like crap tonight but this too must pass.

littleem

Postby littleem » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Oh, what's up? I hope you're okay.

You're right, it will pass. Remember how you always know things are better in the morning.... They will be.

Be kind to yourself and read through all those wonderful positive qualities about yourself that you wrote out just yesterday. You are GREAT!

Do something nice for yourself tonight and try and get a good rest tonight.

I'm here if you want to talk about it more.

Take care,

Em xxx

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:17 am

Hi Em. Thanks.

I'll be ok just really challenging myself at the moment, triggering my fear. If I get through this week I'll be better.

littleem

Postby littleem » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am

Hey.

It's morning time so I hope you're feeling better today.

You're working so hard and I'm very proud of you. Try rewarding yourself with something nice every time you challenge yourself. You deserve it.

Hope you have a better day today. Let me know how you're doing. I care.

Take care of yourself and remember it's okay to feel crappy sometimes.

Thinking of you x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks Em. Means a lot. xxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”