Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Apprehension of Upcoming CMHT Appointment

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
lildnt

Apprehension of Upcoming CMHT Appointment

Postby lildnt » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:34 am

Hi,

I’m new here but had mental health issues for 20+ years. I took an overdose back in January and the CMHT decided 5 days later to discharge me after “signposting” me to other organisations who could offer me support. Said organisation have waiting lists as long as your arm and so I was left with no where to turn and again took an overdose in March. My GP has referred me back to the CMHT and I finally have an appointment this Friday but I feel so let down by them (there have been many other examples over the past 8 years) that the suicidal thoughts and planning have ramped back up to 11 and it’s all about the nervousness of trusting these morons with my mental health which they just repeatedly make worse. It feels like the GP and A&E staff just keep sending me back to and abusive partner to get another kicking only to end up back at their door begging not to be sent back once again.
https://192168ll.red/ https://routerlogin.red/ https://19216801.cc/
Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can stop myself from feeling so apprehensive of the CMHT or whether anyone else has had similar problems with their CMHT and how you overcame the problems and managed to get some actual support from them?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by lildnt on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

epitaph

Re: Apprehension of Upcoming CMHT Appointment

Postby epitaph » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:46 am

Hello lildnt,

My advice would be to just answer all the assessment questions honestly and openly and see where this takes you. If you want to know the sorts of things that you will be asked a quick search of "CMHT assessment" should reveal all.

Sorry the above probably does not help at all!
I did feel however that it was important for someone to reply to your post.

Best wishes and good luck :)

neversurrender

Postby neversurrender » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi - Not sure if you've had this appointment yet, or not, but my advice would be to find a Mental Health Advocate - Every County has these people who should be able to attend the appointment with you, and speak up on your behalf.
You can do a Google search for the organisation in your county which provides this service, and contact them for help.

Other than that, I would say try and be strong - and remember that the CMHT have a Primary Duty of Care to YOU - I know from experience that they may try to fob you off by saying things like "We've got really long list of people waiting for Care - Co-ordinators" - That is not your problem - it's theirs!
Also, if you don't get the support/care that you want, it's definitely worth emailing or writing to whoever is the Chief Executive of your Trust - they have the power to "Tell" the CMHT to give you the treatment you are entitled to!

Hope this helps - I am actually battling with my CMHT to get "Care in The Community"! - Never Surrender, keep fighting for your right to receive the care you're entitled to.
Good luck - let us know how you got on. :)

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi neversurrender,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to provide your insight. The strength of the forum is for others to share what their going through in the hope that others have experienced similar issues and are able to share their knowledge/wisdom etc

Take care ....

Return to “Mutual Support Group”