Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Autism depression son

If you're new and want to say hello...
madmum

Autism depression son

Postby madmum » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 pm

My son is 15 and very depressed we are under CAMHS but they are useless have been fighting for help for months and am finding myself becoming more and more depressed any help with children services would be so appreciated. He has been on antidepressants for a year now no therapy feels suicidal at times and is pulling out his hair

epitaph

Re: Autism depression son

Postby epitaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi madmum,

Sorry no one has replied to you....

As you have sadly discovered obtaining the help and support you need from CAMHS is very difficult. My understanding is that resources are extremely stretched.... and only when things are to most rational/normal people completely and utterly in the RED zone does support seem to be forthcoming. I would hope after 1 year on medication an assessment would have been made to determine if therapy would be beneficial, I'd also like to think that a plan would be in place as to what support was going to be provided in the future and when.

I'm sorry to say that you need to continually keep making your case, stressing the severity of what is happening to you all. I truly wish I could say something different.

I don't know if you have tried the following and please forgive me if you have already....
If nothing else it may help to convey (again) to others what you are all going through.

YoungMinds offers free confidential online and telephone support to anyone worried about the emotional and mental wellbeing of a child or young person up to the age of 25.

Call the free parents' helpine on 0808 802 5544 from 9.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
email parents@youngminds.org.uk and YoungMinds will respond to your query within 3 working days.

Best of luck, I feel for you all.

Return to “Newbies Room”