SANE Support Forum

Hi I'm new

If you're new and want to say hello...
jac7

Hi I'm new

Postby jac7 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:57 am

Hello
This is my first time here. I just need someone to talk to who will understand
what anxiety and depression feel like as I'm at an all time low and have nobody I can talk to.
Thank you

georgegibson

Re: Hi I'm new

Postby georgegibson » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Warmest welcome @jac7.
Don't worry about your loneliness. We are here to talk with you.
Regards - GG

ericph

Postby ericph » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 pm

I worry about everything. I have health anxiety too.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later.

Being told I had cancer was out of my control, there was nothing I could do about it. Worry, fear and anxiety are choices, there are alternatives. I can still try and dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to live with the cancer whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment. Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests.

I think anxiety happens when you want things to change that are out of your control to change.

Please ignore if this is not for you, i hope I haven't caused you any further stress.

lol76

Postby lol76 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi Jaq7

Please dont think you are alone, there are nany people on hear who totally understand what its like to live with anxiety and depression. I have been going through an awful episode for last 2.5 years and I have tried so so hard. It began by organisational change at work. We were told to see it as positive change but sadly in reality it meant redundancies, less staff, enforced moves etc. I had time off but sadly was made redundant. The effect this has had on my mental bealth has been massive. Please be kind to yourself because your current suffering isnt your fault. You deserve compassion and kindness and Inencourage you to reach out for the right kind of help for you. I have blamed myself and felt guilty for so long but my current therapist is trying to help me see that its not my fault, simetimes things that happen in life are just horrible and its only natural to react like we do because we are humans and not robots. Nobody chooses to suffer with anxiety and depression in the same way nobody chooses a ohysical illness. Our minds and bodies are holistic and nit separate things so dont beat yourself up if you are struggling...you are not alone my friend and things can and will get better.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am

Welcome :)
RSxo <3

jac7

Postby jac7 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Thank you for all the responses. Although I've had ups and downs for years, it is rare for the downs to last as long is this has, at such a bad level. I'm at a loss as to how to cope this time.
I do appreciate your words of support as I know you are all going through it, too
Thanks again

redgriffon

Postby redgriffon » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:32 pm

It might sound cliche, but join a few local clubs, and you will make friends in no time, welcome, drop me a PM any time.

Return to “Newbies Room”