Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Loneliness and body image.

If you're new and want to say hello...
molmad

Loneliness and body image.

Postby molmad » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi,

I have just found this site today, and I really needed somewhere to talk about how I am feeling as I have no friends. Some people think that its an overreaction stating I don't have friends' but I really have none. I don't talk to anyone but my boyfriend, but having friends is different and it's unfair for me to rely on my boyfriend for everything.
I am in need of friends, of people to talk to and support and to love. I feel like I am such a caring person, but I feel like I must come across so differently to how I think I do.
I'm also struggling with really bad body image issues as I've put on weight over the past year and it really made me hate and detest my body. Whenever I see myself naked I cry straight away.
Both these issues make me feel like I am worthless, and that a life without friends is a life to not live. I feel like I am never going to have friends, and that no one will like me and eventually my boyfriend will leave me.

Any advice, anyone who wants to talk or anything else please say something.

pok

Re: Loneliness and body image.

Postby pok » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi molmad,

I know exactly how you feel with regards to both loneliness and body image. Like, I have people that are my friends on FB, but if I ever needed to talk to someone about how I'm feeling, I don't have anyone either.

Remember, your boyfriend loves you - he may not understand exactly what you're going through at the moment, but the fact you are still together proves he loves you. It's important that you communicate, you should discuss how you both feel with regards to everything, including emotional support.

Have you tried any (virtual currently) meetup groups or something similar? I think Bumble has a mode for looking for friends too

molmad

Postby molmad » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Hi pok,

thank you for replying, i have tried bumble's friend mode and i have tried to instigate (socially distanced) meeting up but no one seems to actually want to try to be friends. It's so difficult to try and make friends.

sending love x

pok

Postby pok » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi molmad,

I'm sorry to hear that, but if you ever need someone to chat to about anything, you can send me a message. My IG name is b0rderlineuk

georgegibson

Postby georgegibson » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

Dear molmad

Why do you feel lonely? We are with you, Sane with you.
Enjoy your life, mate...
Regards - GG

Return to “Newbies Room”