Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Pathetic and useless

If you're new and want to say hello...
stockers72

Pathetic and useless

Postby stockers72 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi,
Six weeks ago my family and I moved from kent to the north west of england. We've been living in a 2 bed maisonette and after our twins were born we quickly realised we needed more space. We can't afford the house prices in the south so we decided to move back to my birthplace because we thought it would be easier as we have family that live close by.
The new job I have is horrendous! my new boss is a compulsive liar and won't listen to reason. To put put you in the picture I have been put in charge of health and safety and I pointed out that there was a lot of hazardous waste containers around company which need to be disposed of responsibly i.e collected by a disposal company. his response was that I chuck a couple every now and again in the bottom of a skip and cover them up!!! There are so many other instances which would take me forever to write down and I just want to leave the job because its so bad but I cant because my wife isn't at the moment as it cost to much to put the twins into childcare.
I'm paying two lots of council tax, energy bills, water bills, a mortgage, rent etc and just cant cope.
When it gets too much my body starts spasming and I have fits of uncontrollable crying. I've thought about ending it just to make it all stop because my head feels like its going to explode, but then i think of my kids who are so innocent and have no idea whats going on and a feel so pathetic and tell myself to get a grip. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I've made a massive mistake.

jacky123

Re: Pathetic and useless

Postby jacky123 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 am

Congratulations on having your twins! I am sure they will bring you a lot of joy (and more stress!) as mine did over the next 20 years.
Remember that lots of managers are awful. Keep a note of your suggestions and his stupid responses or make sure they are in email so you have back up should you need to refer back. Keep an eye out for a job that will stress you less.
Be kind to yourself, it's a big change when little ones come along and it can feel overwhelming, but you can get through this and things will get easier in time.

stockers72

Re: Pathetic and useless

Postby stockers72 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 pm

jacky123 wrote:Congratulations on having your twins! I am sure they will bring you a lot of joy (and more stress!) as mine did over the next 20 years.
Remember that lots of managers are awful. Keep a note of your suggestions and his stupid responses or make sure they are in email so you have back up should you need to refer back. Keep an eye out for a job that will stress you less.
Be kind to yourself, it's a big change when little ones come along and it can feel overwhelming, but you can get through this and things will get easier in time.

Thank you Jacky

Return to “Newbies Room”