Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

New here - looking for a place to talk - seek ideas

If you're new and want to say hello...
gringo72

New here - looking for a place to talk - seek ideas

Postby gringo72 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:26 am

So I am new here, as it says. A British guy, living overseas, which comes with its own interesting issues.

Was on the verge of a full nervous breakdown many years ago and have been dealing with it ever since, initially with a good circle of friends but that has become more complicated by distance over the last 6 years.

Health issues mean I have lost one of my main sources of relaxation (scuba diving) so these days I seem to work a lot and then find other ways to fill my time.
Separated after 19 years of marriage 5 years ago and just going through divorce at the moment, with the associated arguments which make me question my own character.

Why I am here?
I am looking for people to talk with, people who won't judge and who understand what it's like to get a visit from the Black Dog. Importantly, I would like to hear how people deal with it, maybe I can take snippets from your own stories and make them work for me.

If you got this far, thanks for listening.

Roy

jm1725

Re: New here - looking for a place to talk - seek ideas

Postby jm1725 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi Roy,

I'm also a newbie!

You won't get any judgement from me. I also have visits from the Black Dog...thankfully my actual dogs help lift my mood, going for walks and just getting some fresh air always helps.

Return to “Newbies Room”