Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Quarantine and dark thoughts

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
depressoespresso

Quarantine and dark thoughts

Postby depressoespresso » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi, I'm new here so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I don't know about anyone else but this pandemic has brought my already low mood even lower. I don't want to complain and say that it isn't fair because I know everyone else is struggling but right now, I feel like I can't get out of the pit.
I have no desire to finish my course or even try because I feel too stupid and I feel like I'm going insane. Is anyone else feeling like this? :|

rsxo

Re: Quarantine and dark thoughts

Postby rsxo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Welcome! I think lower mood and anxiety is quite a natural reaction to what's going on at the moment, you're certainly not alone in that! All we can do is simply do our best to live on as best as we can, as hard as things might be x
RSxo <3

danny789

Postby danny789 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:29 pm

I just go to bed wen I hav dark thoughts or write a journal. Try and turn those thoughts into positive ones

lazuliphoenix

Postby lazuliphoenix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:03 pm

Hi depressoespresso! It's normal for your mood to shift - I too have experienced some incredibly low days during this quarantine. I think part of it because there isn't an exact end date in sight. There is so much uncertainty about how things will progress and change. While other people are experiencing similar struggles, it doesn't make yours any less and you have a right to express how you feel. Take time to look after you during this time. For me, I've tried to use quarantine as an opportunity to take a time-out and focus on myself. If motivation is difficult, start small - perhaps set little goals for each day, then build up from there. Sending much love your way x

prycejosh1987

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:27 pm

depressoespresso wrote:Hi, I'm new here so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I don't know about anyone else but this pandemic has brought my already low mood even lower. I don't want to complain and say that it isn't fair because I know everyone else is struggling but right now, I feel like I can't get out of the pit.
I have no desire to finish my course or even try because I feel too stupid and I feel like I'm going insane. Is anyone else feeling like this? :|

It depends on what you choose this period, it can be blessing or a curse. Its upto you and what you choose to do to make that happen. Its a blessing to me, i have sent a message to you for example. I have done alot of people during this time, and i love it. I like being good and giving myself a sense of purpose.

Return to “Rant Room”