Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

The Healing Beauty of Flowers

Being outdoors...
belle

Re: The Healing Beauty of Flowers

Postby belle » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

I was lucky enough to be taken to a flower show yesterday; it was so beautiful.
I love flowers and going round sourrounded by so many colours transformed my grey world for a few hours. A huge display of lupins was really stunning and made me tearful because it was so wonderful. I know that sounds daft, but it was just so perfect.
The fragrance was incredible - definitely not the place for hay fever suffers though ;)
And best of all maybe, we didn't get rained on!! :lol:

Cardiff

Postby Cardiff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Just found a tiny pink old fashioned rose, struggling to carry on. Bit like meself :D
love the smell of the roses and garden after the rain dont you?

Dan1978

Postby Dan1978 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:14 am

and a petrol lawnmower.......

tamarayt

Postby tamarayt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:39 pm

:D

GrannyV

Postby GrannyV » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

I adore flowers and gardens. I think it is a bit of an age thing. The older you get the more you appreciate gardens and the colour, smell and beauty of flowers and plants.

My garden is in an absolute pickle at the moment because of builders making it into a building site rather than my lovely haven. The lawn is stewn with things that make it nigh impossible to mow and the builders seem to have very little regard for the time and effort I have spent planting and nurturing.

Its all very sad at the moment but I guess when they have finished everything will be worthwhile and again peace and harmony can be restored. Just wish they were a bit more careful and wish furthermore that they would get a wiggle of and finish the work altogether.

Musician

Postby Musician » Mon May 19, 2014 8:09 am

I'mm off to my allotment for a bit this morning to breathe a bit of fresh air and see if anything has survived the warm, dry weather of the past few days. Not been looking after it as well as I should have of late :(

I put myself on the council's allotment waiting last time I was ill and waited 2 1/2 years for it, but it's a great place to go and work in the outdoors. Cheaper than a gym and I get flowers, fruit and veg to enjoy at home. I'd recommend everyone with a teeny back yard like me to consider it for it's therapeutic value.

billiejo

Postby billiejo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Lilacs are my favorites and I always find comfort in them by how they look and how they smell. I think that they are truly beautiful.

Return to “The Garden”