Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How do i get more fruit in my diet ?

For a cuppa - and a chat...
wishbone

Re: How do i get more fruit in my diet ?

Postby wishbone » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:46 pm

How about a banana milk shake? Or banana and chocolate milkshake?

I am a bit funny with bananas, sometimes I like them, and other times I don't.

I have, in the past, made a milkshake with banana, water, powered milk, and with or without drinking chocolate and then wizzed it. It's ok. The more banana, the more thick it is.

Curs

Postby Curs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 am

I'm not a huge fan of 'ordinary' fruit like apples, oranges etc, I love tropical fruits, but I can't often afford to buy them as they are rather expensive. To make up for the lack of fruit in my diet I try to eat more vegetables, I love all vegetables and eat quite a lot of vegetarian dishes (although I'm not vegetarian). There are many really easy recipes, for example chop up any combination of peppers, red onion, broccoli, carrots, courgettes etc with a red chilli, fry for a couple of minutes, add a tin of coconut milk, simmer for a few minutes until tender and serve with rice. It's also really easy to heat up some tinned peas or sweetcorn to eat with a ready meal such as a beef casserole or sausage and mash to add a bit of extra nutrition, or you can buy pre-prepared meals such as peppers or tomatoes stuffed with couscous and nuts, or dried packets of risotto with veg that you just add water and simmer till cooked. Or, cook some pasta and add a bottle of tomato based sauce. Another very healthy but simple meal is to buy a bit of fish - for example you can buy tasty salmon or mackerel marinated in herbs and spices from the fish counter in most asda & morrisons - and serve with tinned, frozen or fresh steamed veg. You don't even need a steamer, just pop a sieve or colander over a large pot with an inch of boiling water in and put a smaller lid on top to keep the steam in.
You crawl to the ends of the earth
As the scenery's caving in
On knees burnt by gravel to seize and unravel
Your reason for living

jecckers

Postby jecckers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm

I eat a lot of fruits, the main thing is to be within the limits of my calories.

jecckers

Postby jecckers » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:53 pm

fruit helps me feel better.

Return to “The Kitchen”