Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Zimovane (Zopiclone)

Ask, explore, query, share
Kankapoo

Re: Zimovane (Zopiclone)

Postby Kankapoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Hey i am on Zopiclone and i also find ti very helpful to get me off to sleep but my Gp isn't happy about me being on it so she is trying to get me off it but i wont have any of that! i know how you feel but be careful with it, it is very addictivexx
Is life worth living?

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 pm

i was on zoplicone 14mg every night for nearly 2 years. did'nt sleep. apaarantly they're addictive and your body becomes used to them hence not having a great effect after a while. x
Craziememe

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 pm

hi, dot have experience of sleeping pills myself, as i watched my mum live with an addiction to ativan and mogodon for 20 years and lived the nightmare of her coming off it.

i have bipolar and know insomnia, but take when things are bad a mild anti psychotic, promazine, which behaves like a tranq and knocks me out, but not when im at my most manic (yould need a zookeepers tranquiliser gun for that). i think cos it takes me to a place of not caring it works on my arthritis in my back.

i hope you find an alternative to zopiclone. there are affective alternatives too, have you tried rescue remedy and a lavender oil bath? Sometimes i cant sleep cos my mind is wandering so that can help.

finally, i have to have at least 2 hours away from the computer before attempting sleep. for some reason it really stops me sleeping.

pain relief is another issue than the sleep, perhaps a pain clinic referral would work if you are getting nowhere with your gp.

sorry if i made no sense, having trouble concentrating at mo.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

chimp

Postby chimp » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:44 pm

hi louise, my psychiatrist gave me 7 days worth of the tablets zopiclone, but he wont give me anymore. they did help alot when i needed them most.kyla.

craziememe

Postby craziememe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 pm

hi dc i too take promazine as an 'extra' antiphscotic. i must have the constitution of an ox, because it does'nt make me sleep, or calm me down infact. do you think people react different to this medication? i take 50mg 4 times a day but it used to be a lot lot more than this, prob about 600mg each day. do you think thats why?
sorry to mither you. hope your ok xx
Craziememe

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:22 pm

im prescribed up to 100mg 4 times a day, but rarely take it.

i like it but i also need to be able to live!

beats the pants off tranqs cos it stops the paranoia, i find, but then everyone is different. i suspect it was also prescribed to shut me up as i am a consumate pain in the arse when high, and like most shrinks, mine was a control freak, but to not appear so he left it to me when to take it. Had he bothered to read my risk assessment though he would realise prescribing 100 50mg tabs at a time to someone who very nearly succeeded in an od attempt 10 years ago on largactil was a very foolish idea. but the recovery from that put me off ever od'ing again, as it was hideous being unable to standup without passing out for 4 days, but thats another story.

it works like a sleeper for me cos it shuts my head up. xx
I'm not mad, I'm furious

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

hi, that is a very worrying situation i have to say.

firstly, what you are doing by buying the meds is you are breaking the law and you may even be getting fake zim's.

if you take that many there is a fair chance you will kill yourself at some point, and od deaths are often drawn out painful and humiliating ways to go.

what will you do when this person is arrested or can no longer supply you?

If you have bipolar then i presume you are on a mood stabiliser and all this messing with tablets will both stop them working and show up on your bloodtests.

now, ive finished moaning, why is it you are not getting the right treatment, and have you told your doctor what you are doing and if not, why not?

you must seek help as soon as possible, and if they dont acknowledge you properly get help from an advocate.

do it and do it soon, please, i am very very concerned for you xx
I'm not mad, I'm furious

Return to “Information Exchange”