Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Brave face.

If you're new and want to say hello...
lew0804

Brave face.

Postby lew0804 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Hello, not an easy thing to do this but my mental health has took a battering over the last year or so. I’m no longer enjoying the things I used to love, everything seems like a lot of effort and a lot of the time I feel like I’m carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I’ve tried CBT last year which did work but I can feel my self on a downwards spiral again. I find it very hard to talk to people, especially the ones closest to me as it breaks me to see them get upset over me. I’m a young lad working on site so I work in quite a ladish environment every day which is probably one of the reasons I’ve mastered the art of putting on a brave face. The most alarming thing over the past couple of weeks is my lack of appetite and feeling very lethargic. I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read this and anyone that can relate or has any thing that can help, please feel free to message. Thanks

epitaph

Re: Brave face.

Postby epitaph » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:25 pm

Hi Lew0804,

It might sound crass, but welcome to the forum :)

You've done the right thing, recognising that your wellbeing (lets call it that), would benefit from some help and support. Please have a browse around the forum, in the information exchange have a look at some of the useful videos, as these might help you.

As you may have realised already this forum is quite quiet; it also has a re-occurring fault that often prevents updates from users, you may wish to place a post here as well as this forum is much more active.

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/

Please rest assured though that you are certainly not alone in the way you are feeling. I'm wary of providing support/guidance as this can so easily be misinterpreted, (so please accept my apology in advance!) is there anything that you can think of that would help you to be kinder to yourself as this is not your fault.

Take care...

Return to “Newbies Room”