Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi, feeling a bit overwhelmed and scared of change

If you're new and want to say hello...
ellamarie

Hi, feeling a bit overwhelmed and scared of change

Postby ellamarie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 am

Hi,
I’ve joined this forum today after a friend suggested it. I have been doing well and quite happy but I am struggling at bit at the moment. I Just can’t stop worrying, I have got a place on a college course at a uni which I really want to do and have wanted to for years but I am so worried that it makes me not want to start it.
It’s not even for a while yet but the fear of it is still there.
I get scared about getting lost, looking stupid and not knowing where I am going and people laughing at me.
I worry I’ll just get myself all worked up and not be able to go through with going.
I was just wondering if anyone else feels like this sometimes?
I get so down because I think I won’t be able to live normally or do what I want to do in life because I can’t even go to college.

historyman1394

Re: Hi, feeling a bit overwhelmed and scared of change

Postby historyman1394 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 pm

If it helps I went to college as a mature student and had exactly the same feelings, everyone going to college will be the same as you. Its a big step but a good one.
Maybe go to the college before you start to get use to the buildings and lay out, maybe when term not on so less people about. The first week or so is usally induction as wel land you get to learn things with everyone else, and people do not mind you asking, I have got a lost in a lot of libraries over the years!
Also you would not have got on the course if the college did not think you could do it, remember that :D

ellamarie

Postby ellamarie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:50 pm

I am so scared of getting lost, that is what bothers me the most and then I get worried and try and talk myself out of going at all. My anxiety gets really bad at times but the tutors are aware and said they will do their best to support me in any way they can.
Sometimes just get so frustrated like feel like I wish I could just do what I want to do without this worry all the time.
Thank you for the reply :)

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”