Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I need of help

If you're new and want to say hello...
mactuan12

I need of help

Postby mactuan12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:10 am

I'm a 19 year old student, I left my country to go to university and in the last 7 months I've had this problem. I wake up during the night and eat whatever I saved for myself for the next day. I noticed this happens even if I don't restrict my calories during the day. I currently am restricting calories because I want to lose some weight. I'm a healthy weight but I'm getting close to the overweight BMI which I don't like since I train every day in the hope of getting a flatter abdomen. I noticed that the problem occurs more in stressful periods of my life. I want to be able to stop it bit I'm having a very hard time. I feel desperate and I feel like I'm not in control of myself. How can I understand my problem and how can I change it?

xomin06

Re: I need of help

Postby xomin06 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:11 pm

Hello, you know what id say logically you say you make food for the next day, does stopping doing this make you less motivated to reach for the fridge? and do you use protein as you said you work out? you don't need to punish yourself over this, its more maybe it frustrates you and loss of control is not nice to have to deal with. I understand but maybe as you eat at night maybe cut calories in the day just a thought, and look up intermittent fasting, this doesn't mean starve but cut maybe a day out a week of any food, drink lots of water too, possibly 2 litres a day throughout, add lemon and you will lose weight healthily. :)

rsxo

Re: I need of help

Postby rsxo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Heya :) if you're eating more during stressful times, it could be that you're using comfort food as a way to deal with your stress? It's good you mentioned that you eat normally during the day and this still occurs, as it doesn't sound like an eating disorder or anything. Stopping this would defo help you reverse that weight trend too. So if you can find out what is causing you the stress (coursework? exams? being away from home? etc), then addressing that would go a long way to helping you stop this too x
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”