Stress levels are through the roof!

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
ptsdme

Stress levels are through the roof!

Postby ptsdme » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:23 am

Feeling so stressed lately and feel like I just want to
run away and hide from the world!
I’m working with a relative on a new company that we set
up - yet it seems to be me doing everything! Starting to wish I hadn’t gone in to
this now. I didn’t expect everything to be given to me to do. She literally goes round dressed like a business woman, tells everyone she is working and goes on about how she runs a business - yet does literally nothing and has no clue about running a company.
Really don’t know what to do - do I pack it all in and walk away? I can’t handle this stress and it’s impacting on my mental health. I’ve been feeling really low again and this is the only negative thing happening in my life now. I’m just gutted because I know I can make a success of this - but I’m sick of working my backside off while she struts round making out she does it all when she does nothing

rsxo

Re: Stress levels are through the roof!

Postby rsxo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Heya :) sorry to hear what you're going through! I think you need to talk to your relative about this - a little give and take is normal in business, but it shouldn't feel like one person is doing all the work! Communication is so key in business - iron out the issues, and hopefully she realises her errors and you can work better together and make this thing work!x
RSxo <3

minniemoo

Re: Stress levels are through the roof!

Postby minniemoo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:32 am

Hey. What a shame, sounds like you’d like for it to work out but it’s too much for one person and in fact the lack of help is so frustrating for you that it’s worse than having no one else involved!!

If it’s impacting your mental health then walking away from it is probably a good option and you may feel relief. Perhaps you can get involved with an existing business and support someone who is driven to see it succeed but also allows you to have work life balance?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”