SANE Support Forum

Need someone to talk to

If you're new and want to say hello...
alexandercambridge

Need someone to talk to

Postby alexandercambridge » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:20 am

Hi.
I'm new here and this is my first post.
I'm here because I know I need help but don't know what to do so any thoughts will help.

I don't have any close friends, I'm not close with my parents, and I work freelance so never get into a space where I'm comfortable talking to people at work. I've been with my partner for seven years and we have two kids together.

My issue is being avoident in talking about thoughts/feelings so even though my partner and I are close she feels like I leave her out of my life, and therefore she reduces the feelings that she shows towards me.

When I'm depressed and need to talk about it, it upsets her to the point where she'll cry and say it's me making these choices, I never know what to do because I feel if I leave her she cries, and if I try to comfort her she cries, and leaves me feeling empty and alone.

jaynem

Re: Need someone to talk to

Postby jaynem » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Please know you are not alone. You need to take your partner away from the house to neutral teratry and let it all out. Or ask them along to a therapy session when you next go. It's hard but unless the have had some form of depression they can't understand

Return to “Newbies Room”