Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

What happened to my message that I posted yesterday?

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
prophetmark

What happened to my message that I posted yesterday?

Postby prophetmark » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:14 am

I posted a message here yesterday - my first ever one in this forum - and it's disappeared now! I've checked other sections of the forum in case it was just moved, but can't find it. What happened to it?

So much for 'Safe room'. Even my messages aren't safe here!

rsxo

Re: What happened to my message that I posted yesterday?

Postby rsxo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 pm

Hey :)

That's strange, I've not heard of this happening before! Maybe one of the mods knows what happened?x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

prophetmark

Postby prophetmark » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Well I eventually got an e-mail saying it had been removed because I'd asked how to commit suicide in it, and they said to read the forum rules and guidelines. So I did that, and all it says about that is "We wish you to be free to discuss such thoughts and feelings. However, if you have suicide plans please be mindful of how you express these. " So I can't see the problem.
I tried to contact the moderators on here to ask, and I can't contact them for some reason, so I clicked on the FAQ and looked at what it said for 'I can't send private messages", and it said if I can't send private messages to.... contact the moderators.
So I'm putting this message here instead.
How do I contact the moderators on here?

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:29 pm

I think on the content, this forum (and most others tbh) won't allow people to ask about how to commit suicide, because the responses that people might give can 'give people ideas' as this is publicly accessible. That's the idea on most online forums for mental health, anyways x
RSxo <3

prophetmark

Postby prophetmark » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:43 pm

But it would give people good ideas, rather than have them doing it wrong by using their own bad ideas and making things worse for themselves by just doing themselves harm and possibly leaving them with permanent brain damage or something. What's wrong with giving people good ideas?
That's why I put the message in the safe room. I want to kill myself safely. I'm scared I'll get it wrong and give myself permanent brain damage and suffer for another 40 years before finally dying.
Maybe I'll post the message again.

prophetmark

Postby prophetmark » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:09 pm

So I did, and they've removed it again! despite claiming in the guidelines that "We wish you to be free to discuss such thoughts and feelings"!

Perhaps the people running this forum don't care about our safety.

eeyore

Postby eeyore » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm

If you are going to post ways to end your life then I'm not surprised that it got removed it wouldn't help anyone if they are suicidal and read what ever you wrote maybe you should contact the sane team and ask.

prophetmark

Postby prophetmark » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:45 am

If they want to die, and they find a safe way of doing it, and minimize the risk of just ending up as a vegetable for 40 years instead, how is that not helping them?
I've contacted the Sane team, and they don't seem able to see that "We wish you to be free to discuss such thoughts and feelings" and deleting a post because it includes discussion of feelings about suicide is a contradiction.

Return to “Safe Room”