Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Called into the jobcentre

Ask, explore, query, share
wendyone

Called into the jobcentre

Postby wendyone » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Since recieving a letter asking my son to attend the jobcentre for interview on esa he has gone into complete meltdown. Because he is not getting treatment for his brain injury or his mental health problems he thinks no one there will believe him. He urgently needs some advice or advocacy because his memory problems are very severe and he cannot answer the questions that are asked.
I wish he did not have to go through this as it will be the first time in years. Where he was living before they told his last doctor that he no longer had to provide certificates as my son was so ill as to be unemployable. Anyone got any info or ideas please .

betterinrecovery

Re: Called into the jobcentre

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 am

Dear Wendyone,
Mind has chapters in most major towns, I believe they provide independent Mental Health Advocates, I do not know what they do in detail but I think it is worth contacting your local chapter of Mind. If they do not provide the service, they can point you in the direction of those that do in your town. It may be that your son must be registered has having a long term disability with his Gp, again I don't know the details of how this is done but I am sure someone at Mind will know.
With Regards
B

wendyone

Re: Called into the jobcentre

Postby wendyone » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it and will contact them.
Regards
Wendyone

Return to “Information Exchange”