Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Bad day at work

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
squirt

Bad day at work

Postby squirt » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Really bad day,someone is picking on me,Im sure it is because they know I have a mental illness,I think I do my job really well. Some people cant except the way you are. Im so wound up tonight,head is in a mess,cant relax :cry:

hyster

Re: Bad day at work

Postby hyster » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:21 pm

ive had a few jobs where the manager / supervisor didnt like i was smarter than them so i get all off crap from them. i learned to bite my tongue and get on with the job and take loads of deep breaths.
if they was very bad id become a jobs worth, do my job and thats it, if i seen something that needed attention but it wasent my job to sort it then i would just ignore, that way the person in charge got crap :lol:

cofee and smoking helps me with stress lol

squirt

Postby squirt » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:04 pm

Thanks,talking really helps,perhaps I should just do the right amount of work also,then try to forget it when I come home. It is very difficult though. I did give up smoking but back on it. Im on ECT which helps,dont think my employers like that either.

hyster

Postby hyster » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm

most people dt understand mental problems, so they look down on it even if they have there own.

the problem being a hard worker is that some boss's take advantage of it, try doing it only and see how it works for u.
also try and learn to shrug it off, i know thats easy to say but the more u do it the easier it gets.
most important leave work at work, soon as u clock out, mentally switch off from work, dt stress at home about it.

eeyore

Postby eeyore » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi. Don't let them get to you. You have a job and that's good and yes you are a person with mental illness but do you know something every person who has mental illness and goes to work makes me proud and do you know why because that shows other's who don't have mental illness that you can cope because you are still able to work and your occupied with your job and your mental illness is not stopping you from working.
I'm not saying people with mental illness who don't work can't cope because I know some people can work and others are not able to but if someone you work with has found out you have mental illness well please don't be ashamed and mental illness can effect anyone. Like hyster says leave work at work. Try to relax listen to some soothing music have a warm drink but don't let anyone at your job make you like that it's your job tell your boss if they continue.

squirt

Postby squirt » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:02 pm

I hav ;) e told my boss today,and she is going to sort it out,she isn't going to ignore this. Found out today that the person that is involved will be moving on in January,so im not so stressed about it now. ;)

hyster

Postby hyster » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm

awesome, u did good :D
least u now know that ur boss is a supportive person and u can go to them with issues, to many boss's sweep crap under the carpet.

Return to “Safe Room”