I am feeling really quite poorly and feel I need to be kept safe and hospitalised for a period (I won't go into my exact symptoms but I feel manic, suicidal and periods not not being in control with aggressive outbursts)
Does anyone know anything about voluntarily requesting to be hospitalised and how this process works?
This week I have:
1) Attended A&E - got seen by an out-of-hours GP who promised to make an emergency appointment with my regular GP and didn't and so I was dismissed and left the hospital feeling actively at risk. It turns out he never requested an appointment.
2) Managed to get an emergency GP appointment asking for immediate assessment - given anti-depressants and dismissed.
3) Took myself back to A&E - saw a member of Psychiatric Liaison who instead of assessing me booked me a taxi to the CMHT
4) Saw member of CMHT just before they were due to close and didn't like their "plan" which everyone talks about "longterm".
They left me completely alone in a room for ten minutes with a scarf and feeling actively suicidal. Ended up walking out and taking myself back to A&E where they refused to see me again. Walked in front of a car yesterday and was found by a member of the public walking around in woods confused and crying. They escorted me to my local branch of The Samaritans and home.
5) Called the Crisis Team numerous times, but cannot communicate due to bad phone signal in my flat (they are also unhelpful).
I really need help before things get any more out of hand.