Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Signed off sick

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
pixiedust74

Signed off sick

Postby pixiedust74 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm

I’ve been signed off sick for 7 weeks, this is my 3rd week as I broke my leg. I’ve tried to do work from home and help as much as I can but now I’m getting email after to email from work asking why this ad not been done etc.
I sent a rather shitty reply back to my boss saying I shouldn’t be helping at all but as they had not got anyone in to replace me I had no choice and I’ve zero support.
I don’t know what to do for the best?

rsxo

Re: Signed off sick

Postby rsxo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Hey :)

Sorry to hear that, can understand that'd be really frustrating! The law is a grey area here, but your firm's sickness absence policy will clarify what they can and can't ask of you. From their end it sounds like if you've broken your leg, you can still use your hands to work on a laptop remotely? (vs if you had broken your wrist/elbow and thus couldn't type?). If the sickness absence policy states that you can be asked to work from home if able to, then there's not much you can do unfortunately - maybe then send an email stating that you're having trouble with the workload due to the injury, and if you can get some support from a colleague to help. If the policy states that they can't, you can refer your manager to this. Hope this helps x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

samwamm

Re: Signed off sick

Postby samwamm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 am

If my boss was asking why I'm not working when I'm on sick leave due to doctor's recommendation I'd sue their ass.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Return to “Rant Room”