Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

The little things

Whatever makes your day a better one...
batduck

The little things

Postby batduck » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:05 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to out this whether it should be here or in the smiley room.

The little things.

I saw a collared dove in the garden that was looking at me curiously. I said hello to him and apologised for being a misery today.

After a rough couple of days, that got worse earlier today. This was a little glimmer of happy. A bit of positivity is starting to come back. It's tiny but it's there.

Listening to and watching birds in the garden really helped last time I was having a bad anxiety patch. Although this patch hasn't been the same, that one bird has bought a little bit of unexpected but much needed calm.

What little thing or things give you a glimmer of happy?

katyia

Re: The little things

Postby katyia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:17 pm

yes just one little glimmer of light

I remember when I was in hospital
my Dad would tell me about how my little nephew was getting on
and I hung onto that

x x x

pmcp80

Re: The little things

Postby pmcp80 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:58 am

It's true that animals can help you in bad times... At one time, I felt really terrible for a couple months, and it made me feel quite better when my parents decided to get inseminated eggs for their chickens (they had only hens, and wanted more hens without having to deal with having a rooster, fortunately my grandmother has hens and roosters and gave us fertilized eggs); I became the one who took care of the hens and of their chicks, who then grew up and became "my" hens. And that was that one daily task that made me a little bit happier every time!

Return to “Sunshine Room”