Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

At breaking point

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
ptsdme

At breaking point

Postby ptsdme » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Don’t know what to do anymore or where to turn. Feel like I’m on the verge of a complete breakdown. I’ve had one before and know when I’m struggling. My gp increased my anti depressants recently but it’s not making much of a difference. I’m a carer for one of my children who has extreme challenging behaviour. Having to call the police regularly due to the level of violence from him. Social care have been completely useless - I had a carers assessment that said I don’t need any support! Didn’t even consider my physical disability or my own mental health, just a flat no to any respite!

I suffered with ptsd last year due to domestic abuse and childhood traumas. I had the treatment for that which worked really well - but I know I’ve been dissociating again ALOT recently! It’s getting worse each day and in between I’m just feeling more and more depressed. I’m at the point today where I’m feeling like I can’t go on anymore, I feel like walking out the door and just killing myself. I’ve had to fight everything my whole life and feel like I can’t do this anymore. I’ve asked for help way before I got to this point - but i never get it. I’m physically and mentally exhausted and just have no fight left in me

hyster

Re: At breaking point

Postby hyster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 pm

have a read on here, may be of some use.
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... -your-care

ptsdme

Postby ptsdme » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks, I have challenged them so much over the years but nothing changes, by the time they investigate properly it’s always too late. I have complaints in with them at the moment that are now at the second stage and about to be independently investigated and I have Solictors involved for my eldest due to the repeated failures. It’s like fighting a losing battle

hyster

Postby hyster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:27 pm

from what i have seen on the news there are loads of people in the same position, to little money to go around.

i cant blame the government for cutting services, its the people that claim just because they can i blame, unfortunately the fakers know how to game the system where as the genuine people dt.

im trying to claim PIP's atm, but due to be being honest instead of blagging it, the person who seen me only recorded a part of what i said and mainly the parts that were not good for me, so now im having to fight.

ptsdme

Postby ptsdme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Have been to the docs today and he’s referring me back to the psychiatrist- days they need to be checking I don’t have an underlying mental health condition other than depression - I’ve been on anti depressants since I was 17 (am now 36). I’m really worried now from what the doc was saying as he was talking about bpd and other conditions!

hyster

Postby hyster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

try to embellish it as much as u can, u may get somewhere

ptsdme

Postby ptsdme » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:44 pm

Thanks, I’ve seen another professional since who thinks the way I’m feeling is to do with my ptsd. I thought I didn’t have it anymore as I had edmr therapy and had been feeling a lot better for a while. But whatever it is - I want to get it sorted as I’m so up and down atm and so exhausted

alwyn

Postby alwyn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:04 am

It sounds like you’ve suffered so much and for so long. I think I can relate to that even though we may have seen our problems differently. Mine was depression.
What I’ve found is that all these Illnesses have been given different labels by the well meaning experts but as yet cannot find the cure to them. I think we have made the field of mental health extremely complicated and by doing that,all the people suffering from these various labels don’t know where to look for their cure.
But what if it were much simpler than we all think.
What if we as individuals already have the cure.
What if,Instead of looking to all the so called experts for help even though they seem as much at a loss as we do, what if we were to look within.
What if you had the answer all along but we’re just looking in the wrong direction.

Return to “Safe Room”