Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Any advice... I’m struggling :(

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
jasminelove

Any advice... I’m struggling :(

Postby jasminelove » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:09 pm

I just joined this forum because I’m really struggling at the moment with my husband who is refusing any help for his depression. He has taken a huge down turn recently and spends most of his time in bed saying he just can’t cope.
I’ve got him to a counsellor but he is refusing to see a doctor for any further possible help.
He has been ignoring a lot of work issues which seem to have built up and are an obvious stress and he is just in complete shut down. I offer help and to talk but it’s falling on deaf ears.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can get him to maybe see a doctor or what next steps I could take to try get him to seek help?
I would appreciate any kind of advice x

rsxo

Re: Any advice... I’m struggling :(

Postby rsxo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

polly

Re: Any advice... I’m struggling :(

Postby polly » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am

Hey jasmine
So sorry for you. The only thing I can think of is that you make the appointment and speak to the doctor yourself and express your concerns. Maybe they would do a home visit or phone and ask him to come in. I know all that sounds easy done because it depends on the GP and surgery. Does he have a Cpn or ever been referred to mental health as that could also be another avenue. Good luck and best wishes

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”