Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Prescription Charge Exemption - For Severe Mental Health And Autism

Ask, explore, query, share
peggyluxxx

Prescription Charge Exemption - For Severe Mental Health And Autism

Postby peggyluxxx » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:40 am

There is a green form available from your local GP practice (called the FP92A form) and it is for a: "Application For Prescription Charge Exemption"
There are various criteria on it to qualify for, but I am SPECIFICALLY focusing on THIS criteria below...
"A continuing physical disability which means I cannot go out without the help of another person.Temporary disability do not count even if they last for several months."
I think that this should ALSO apply to people with SEVERE Mental Health Issues AND people on the Autistic Spectrum.
Consider that they may too find it hard cognitively/or in the mind and may need somebody to accompany them to get their medication and NOT just people with Physical Disabilities.
Please sign my Petition so that we can get this amended on this form.
If people can prove that they either get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (even if it has to be the "Enhanced Rate Care Component" only) then this should be granted.
Please help and spread the word if you have experience with someone with Mental Health/Autism such as yourself or Friends/Family, etc..
Thank you.
Mrs. Lin Porter.

(Please click below and sign the petition - Just your name and E-Mail address)
Thanks. :)

https://www.change.org/p/nhs-prescripti ... eated=true

Return to “Information Exchange”