Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

We are not always in a position to offer advice

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
betterinrecovery

We are not always in a position to offer advice

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 am

I have tried to write on other parts of the Forum however, I am concerned that some peoples posts can't be answered for longer periods of time.
We read about peoples difficulties and we 'say' nothing. I suppose we are not always in a position to offer advice.
:idea: Perhaps there is a way of acknowledging people's pain, even though we do not have the answers or the emotional energy to help further? :idea:
with best wishes B

elpis777

Re: We are not always in a position to offer advice

Postby elpis777 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Absolutely. I am of no help today, in a bad way but I try to at least acknowledge some posts even if I have nothing to offer.

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:51 pm

It has been like this a long time and has got progressively worse.

Heartbreaking sometimes. Just do what we can, when we can.
Take care.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 pm

I think a like/hug system could be useful? I've seen it on other forums, and it's a way of acknowledging the post. Sometimes it's difficult to find the right words, but this could help :)
RSxo <3

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:00 pm

What bothers me is when i was at my worst and had been for so long nothing anyone said made the slightest difference to my mood. There must be thousands of people in this position. No idea how to reach them, so aware that when all your hope has gone and you are totally incapapable of taking any responsibility for you own recovery, is anything capable of helping you. What is necessary is the help of very competant mental health proffesionals, they are the last port of call when you are very suicidal. Aisling.

ion

Postby ion » Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 pm

i struggle to answer texts, phone, emails, Im scared to post my own thread here because if someone replied, I might ghost them. I don't mean to, I just shut down, but reading these are helping. I'm having a medium day though, on a bad day, would I even visit this page? Probably not.

Return to “Safe Room”