Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Just Joined Finding My Way Around

If you're new and want to say hello...
derbylass

Just Joined Finding My Way Around

Postby derbylass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi
Have just joined, and am finding my way around the website.

Currently struggling with feeling very, very low despite lots of things in my life starting to get better. After two very hard years of watching my partner die, then providing emotional support for my children, I thought everything was beginning to turn around for me. Tentatively started a new relationship with someone I knew from a long time ago, and then the depression came back and hit me like a freight train. Hoping I haven’t scared him away, but my constant negativity is a drain on anyone.

It’s comforting , if that’s the right word, to know other people are having the same sort of struggles.

betterinrecovery

Re: Just Joined Finding My Way Around

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Dear Derbylass,
Rest assured that many will feel for you (as I do) and many members of the forum will be able to identify with your situation.
It is sometimes difficult not to be negative when very difficult things have happened- I understand that the 'depressed brain' is always on the look out for possible problems so that we can protect ourselves from more difficulties.
Depression is very difficult.
Sometimes working things out with a bereavement counsellor can be a relief - Cruse Bereavement Care is a very good organisation to contact.
With Best Wishes to You.
This is a good forum.
B

rsxo

Re: Just Joined Finding My Way Around

Postby rsxo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”