Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Quality of life?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kettlebasset0408

Quality of life?

Postby kettlebasset0408 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 pm

I understood the level of my SA when my mum died in February and I didn't receive any cards or flowers. We had issues.
I kicked my son, girlfriend and dog out a few days later. We both have anxiety and depression, my son has virtually ignored me for the last year, which I understand.
I am now alone with my two dogs. I am awaiting an appeal date for my PIP. My mum's friend is trying to help me sort my benefits/housing - which I am so grateful for.
I am in a vortex being sucked deeper daily. My GP, crisis team etc are aware that I might take my own life. When I worked I had a good quality of life in every way, that is a long way in the past now. I am good at designing and making handbags - my hobby, but I can't afford to replace my sewing thread anymore. My dogs are upset when I cry, they have never seen me like this. It is not if, but when I take my own life. I had never been suicidal until the benefit system started banging on my door. I was so so grateful for my son, 2 dogs, sewing, a roof over my head and food in my fridge, even though I battled chronic anxiety and depression. When is enough enough......I don't want to live anymore

bluebell123

Re: Quality of life?

Postby bluebell123 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Its carap i know dealing with the benefits system, i am in a mess too, all my pip is eaten up in care fees. Due to a long standing error with the care package i have been told 2 direct debits may go out of my account instead of one. Appparentley they say its down to me to sort it out if it happens not their responsibility to ensure the error doesnt happen.. 2 direct debits would wipe out my account and hence no money in their to pay my contract phone, hence my phone will be cut off and no way to phone to sort out care fees, call my doc to make appointment, ring a taxi to get to docs (i am diabled and can only walk 50 metres), no food, the list goes on. You are not alone. Deb

rodgers

Postby rodgers » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 am

Tough situation no doubt. You can only take it day by day and do your best. Uncertainty is killing me as well. It's the worst.

rab

Postby rab » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about such a tough start to the year for you.
Dogs are more intelligent than people give them credit for, I'm glad to hear that you've got two to keep you company through more difficult times.
I know it's not much in comparison to whats going on around you, but I appreciate a creative hobby can often be a great escape for the human mind, so can I perhaps help you replace your sewing thread?
Best,
R

Return to “Mutual Support Group”