Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Self Care

Ask, explore, query, share
betterinrecovery

Self Care

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:39 pm

I have been reading and hearing a bit about self care - particularly about how we can look after ourselves while waiting for therapeutic intervention.
You know being on the waiting list that seems to last for months.
There was an article on 'All in the Mind', the mental health programme on Radio 4 about self care, if I can find the link and links to other articles on self care I shall post them here.
Best Regards
B

betterinrecovery

Re: Self Care

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Below are directions to the 'All in the Mind' podcast generated by radio 4.
Just a heads up- on of the experts talking about self care is speaking particularly quickly.
I hope the idea of self-care still get through.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001f1g

Just cutting and pasting the introduction information below:

“What is self-care and what's the evidence that it works for anxiety and depression in young people? Claudia talks to Professor in Evidence Based Practice and Research at UCL, Miranda Wolpert and Maggy Van Eijk, author of Remember this when you're sad - Lessons learned on the road from self-harm to self-care.
They discuss how useful is self-care and what are the kinds of strategies that work. Liam Hill from the University of Leeds explains why mathematical ability might relate to ball catching skills and his work with pupils at a primary school in Bradford. Claudia discusses schadenfreude with historian of emotions, Tiffany Watt-Smith and psychologist, Wilco Van Dijk from the University of Leiden.”

Return to “Information Exchange”