Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

art therapy

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
piggy

art therapy

Postby piggy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:21 pm

i am starting art psychotherapy assessments friday.
my cpn has been today and said to tell them all you are doing to avoid harming yourself as she said he will have read your notes and if he thinks theres a big risk i could be refused i said then what granted i have had a number of weeks psychology she said well you are good at looking at the internet as it happens somewhere else has said they will at least look at me. it seems im being peonalised for what i did in hospital that was then this is now i want to make the effort to be normal again and that should be applauded im going to list all i have done to cut down on risk.
i was going to phone tomorrow to try and talk to the therapists and explain all ive done to cut down on risk maybe its not a good idea maybe best to leave it to friday

betterinrecovery

Re: art therapy

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:40 am

Hi there!
I do hope that you get to start the Art Psychotherapy. You can only be honest with them in telling them that you need this to aid your recovery.
Perhaps keep thinking about the benefits of the Therapy, try not to mind the unusual comments: some of it is about administration and assessing risk, something they have to do in their job description. It is not unusual for support workers e.t.c. to have a check list that they have to stick to when speaking to a patient. Wishing you well. wishing you calm.
B

Return to “Rant Room”