Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

What do you do to relieve stress?

Mental illness recognises no boundaries...
anne12cun

What do you do to relieve stress?

Postby anne12cun » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Hello,
I am a chics who lives with anxiety but I do activities to relieve it such as jogging, playing balloons or watching nba games .....among other things. It seems to help me relieve stress. What do you do to relieve stress?

daren22

Re: What do you do to relieve stress?

Postby daren22 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:19 am

Well, what I do is watch people's humor video on facebook....I'm running out of time fast.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 am

I listen to talking books, humorous ones. I listen to radio plays and sit-coms on the radio too. Older comedy like Parsley Sidings, Dad's Army, Yes Minister and more modern ones like Clare in the community and hut 33 work for me.
Find them on the BBC Radio player App. :idea:
Best Regards
B

vic13

Postby vic13 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:27 pm

hello, well what I do is listen to music or read a good book

ion

Postby ion » Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Put this on the headphones at work/whenever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8myYyMg1fFE

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

May seem a bit strange this as i'm not religiou but put the hymn "Be Thou My Vision" on utube. Aisling

dizzy.miss.lizzy

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 am

Music is my main "go to" calmer, I enjoy a variety of kinds including symphonic metal, relaxational and meditational "world music," Reggae, Goth and Indie to name but a few. My favourite band are Foo Fighters.... but I love so many others too, from Abba to ZZ Top, it's impossible to list them all... I listen via Spotify or You Tube mostly these days. Before I got agoraphobic I used to love going to gigs and festivals, I also play harps for weddings and attend open mic sessions in pubs and clubs, etc, but sadly can't do that at present but I live in hope I can return to them one day in the not too distant future.

I also do a little art and craft including sketching still life, portraits and landscapes... I am into Calligraphy, and scrapbooking, I knit, I crochet and I sew beaded embroideries, I do cross stitch, macrame, and have worked in theatres making costumes for pantomimes and dancewear.

I like to cook and still feed both my Sons on a regular basis even though they can do for themselves!

Other than that I love to spend time at the beach, or in the forest.

hyster

Postby hyster » Mon May 20, 2019 4:03 pm

daren22 wrote:Well, what I do is watch people's humor video on facebook....I'm running out of time fast.

try failarmy on utube, basically u've been framed, usually 2-3 new vids per week
https://www.youtube.com/user/failarmy

Return to “Diversity Room”