Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Panic attacks and suicidal thoughts

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
paulc6230

Panic attacks and suicidal thoughts

Postby paulc6230 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi, I'm currently going through a bad patch in life with my anxiety and panic attacks. When I have panic attacks I usually end up having suicidal thoughts though I know I don't want to go through with them. It's becoming harder trying to live life each time my anxiety plays up. I'm in contact with the Samaratins which is helpful for me. I feel I just need to talk about it and see if anyone has advice on how to cope.

vitasw

Re: Panic attacks and suicidal thoughts

Postby vitasw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi paulc2630

Sorry you are going through a bad patch right now. I’ve found habit tracking helpful to understand what triggers anxiety and what behaviours help (for me that includes things like yoga, reading, minimising caffiene and keeping the house tidy) even little things can make a difference if you do them often. I think sometimes it’s more helpful to focus on things leading up to panic attacks than treating the attack itself and then that way you can hopefully manage the anxiety before it gets too bad.

When it does get bad I like listening to episodes of the Anxiety Coaches podcast, or a guided meditation on YouTube. There are also mindfulness type exercises you can do when you’re having a panic attack or feel one coming on. All the best x

ralphmcdonald

Postby ralphmcdonald » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:51 am

I can understand your feeling. The fact is when we have overwhelmed by depression, stress & anxiety and lose all hopes. In such circumstances, we are not able to think and find solutions than suicide.

Do not worry this condition is never permanent, you can feel better afterward. There are a few ways you can try: Talk to someone you trust about your feeling. Exercise for 30 minutes for a positive effect on your mood. Do those things that make you happy.

paulc6230

Postby paulc6230 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Thank you for the replies and advice on dealing with my anxiety and thoughts. I managed to get the doctor to prescribe me Clonazepam which have been helping a lot just need to try and f8nd other ways like you mentioned Vitasw and Ralph it’s very much appreciated.

katmac

Postby katmac » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi I just joined and am at my wits end, I have been messed around with my medication which my new DR said I was over medicated, this has been backwards and forwards between my dr and the mental health clinic Holly Court and so many things that are not correct on letters that have been sent due to this I am going crazy, I have no family support and no job and cannot find any support groups in this town.

Return to “Safe Room”