Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Fatigue after depression?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
winnie

Fatigue after depression?

Postby winnie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Has anyone continued to feel exhausted and drained of energy even after recovering from depression?

After two years of moderate depression (and anxiety) I made significant improvements and have now felt consistently well for four months (HURRAY! :D ), to the point that I'm now gradually reducing my anti-depressant dosage. But the one thing that hasn't improved as much as I hoped is my energy level. I'm still physically and mentally sluggish, struggling to manage a full week of 9-5s and needing a whole day of being horizontal and doing nothing at the weekend to recover.

My sleep pattern is good and I'm eating well, but I'm really missing the energy and drive I used to have and wondering if I'll ever get it back? I'd really like to hear your experiences/thoughts/advice.

~Thanks!

pauley

Re: Fatigue after depression?

Postby pauley » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Hey, so good you are on the road to recovery, you should be very proud of yourself! Regarding tiredness, I sank into a severe depression a while ago, and my energy levels just fell. I struggled to work (I am a teacher), but the college were very supportive. Anyway, I found physical activity, swimming and gym actually improved my energy levels.
But, I also believer if your body says sleep,try to sleep. Listen to your body, focus on your well being, it will improve.
Best wishes
Pauley

Return to “Mutual Support Group”