Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How to get up in the morning

Ask, explore, query, share
andthistoomustpass

How to get up in the morning

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:45 am

Getting up in the morning has always been a problem for me, especially in winter. My body clock reminds me of a cartoon clock where the hands whizz around at random. It often leaves me exhausted during the day which leaves me vulnerable to my destructive subconscious patterns, as well as meaning everything is like wading through treacle.

I've found a solution! For the last month I have been using a daylight alarm clock. Instead of being jerked awake with an alarm and wandering around like a zombie, it gently wakes me with a false sunrise. I feel awake and alive. It appears to be keeping my body clock in check because I have even woken up at the correct time when I have forgotten to set it.

It isn't a perfect solution to sleep issues. I still have trouble getting to sleep. I still wake up several times per night. It is, however; helping me feel so much better. I highly recommend getting one if you have trouble getting up in the morning.

christabel

Re: How to get up in the morning

Postby christabel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi attmp

How is it going? I don't have much trouble getting up ( I'm pleased you've found a solution though ) but still have spells of dreadful nights. Like yourself not being able to get off or stay asleep.

I still wake up early and soon as I'm out of bed I'm busy. I think that is one of the problems. I have got to be organised to be able to cope. I wish I could switch off a bit and think what the hell, it doesn't matter if the place is messy.

I hope you are still bright eyed and bushy tailed on a morning. It makes such a difference to your day.
Take care. X Chris

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi Chris!

Good to hear from you. I am still enjoying my new alarm clock, it's ace.
Hope all good with you?

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:16 am

Dear Andthistoomustpass,
I have been thinking about getting a day-light lamp, but I think the alarm clock might be a better idea. will let you know how I get on with it. Thanks for the information.
B

Return to “Information Exchange”